Albuquerque, NM Streetcar Proposal

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 16: Update



site plan: New transit Awning, Performance/Exhbition Pavilion to North, and Hybrid plaza to South


Entirely Insulated tanslucent Glazing skin with vision glass denoting entries




This week I was able to nail down the building in terms of its relationship to my proposed transit station covering and to the plaza.  I am excited to work this week on finalizing floor plans, and incorporating more vegetated elements into the hardscape plaza (hence the Hybrid).  

As far as sustainability is concerned,  My urban plan is doing a great job at achieving the objectives of the Eco-district initiative.  Mobility Check, Community Vitality Check, Energy Check, Air Quality Check, Habitat Check, Form Check.

I also Intend to work out The building and site strategies during this week.  Some ideas are as follows:
Rain water from room will be collected in a cistern and used for restrooms.  Over flow will be directed to plantings on site(since my entire site is a basically a ginormous bio-swale.  The new transit station will be covered in a mix of pvs and BIPV glazing.  There is more then enough surface area to power my facilities.  The building skin made primarily of Insulated glazing panels offers an airy feel to the building while still making it perform with low energy consumption.  




No comments:

Post a Comment