Albuquerque, NM Streetcar Proposal

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 15 Update:

This week I worked on the design of the Transit Plaza.  I began by re-evaluating the location for my cafe.  Intuitively I placed it under the large LRT covering, but decided that it actually works the best when it is located to the north.  In this position it gets people to move out from the covers (both bus and LRT) and it is able to create a third boundary to the plaza, really starting to close it in.

My critique with Suenn on Friday was interested in trying to bring back the Performing art Center Program for my site.  I have begun entertaining that idea, with the hopes that it will tie my project together and have the ability to utilize my design efforts these past quarters.  I think I have been struggling to develop the PAC because I have never really been interested in the design of that,  it was kind of a weird thing I decided on over spring break.

Im hoping this upcoming week I will be able to make some real break throughs.  I am excited that this three week focus is landscape/sustainability.

No comments:

Post a Comment