Albuquerque, NM Streetcar Proposal

Monday, November 8, 2010

Interview 2

On Thursday of Last week I met with James McGrath in the Urban Department of ZGF to discuss where I am at with my thesis project.

During our meeting we discussed the possible location for a future Streetcar Alignment and came to the conclusions that

1. It should engage the two couplets (Halsey/Weidler and Washington Stark)

2.  Doesnt need to be directly adjacent to my site and would work best down 102nd Ave.

3.  Should cross the 205 and connect Gateway with the Monticello neigborhod.

4. Develop a pedestrian corridor from 102nd Ave to site.

We also discussed what diagrams would be best to generate that would help start to make it clearer where to place the new alignment.

Lastly we discussed the program I have selected for the site.  From my discussions with Nancy and James it seems like the program I have selected (TED Forum) needs some kind of backing and it is not strong enough to support itself as a stand alone edifice.  I have taken this input and have decided to propose an educational Hub for Gateway TC that acts as a link for High-school student into a Professional career.  A large public component for this facility that would make it a destination for those outside of the area would be the TEDx Forum with exhibition and event spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment